RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience within a Petrol Station/Convenience Store is essential.
POST OBJECTIVE: Racetrack Services are situated throughout Glasgow. Responsible for providing a world-class customer experience to all of our customers, as well as ensuring the forecourt and store reflect a world-class shopping facility. Greeting customers and providing excellent customer service, supporting customers with their shopping needs whilst in store and building relationships to create repeat business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – SPECIFIC
Watching and monitoring the store and forecourt ensuring customers have a great experience with Racetrack.
Authorising fuel pumps and serving customers from the till points, being responsible for cash handling and card payments.
Assisting stock control and management within the store, including; accepting and checking new deliveries, re-stocking shelves, rotating stock, date checking, stock checking, ensuring the store is stocked to its full sales potential at all times.
Providing general advice and guidance to customers on shop products, services and offers, including assisting shoppers to find items within the store.
Cleaning and housekeeping on site, within the store, at the till area, in the back store and on the forecourt, ensuring the site looks world class at all times.
Being aware of security within the store and on the forecourt; being on the lookout for shoplifters on site and the use of fraudulent money and bank cards etc.
Providing support and cover for holidays and sickness when required.
The right people to work for Racetrack will have the following:
- Previous experience within a retail or customer service environment
- A passion for delivering a world-class service
- A flexible attitude and approach to covering shifts for the wider team (holidays/sickness)
- A ‘hands on’ approach to working and be able to use own initiative
- A positive, approachable and professional attitude and demeanour
- A friendly and engaging personality
- The ability to work both as a team member, and alone in a busy working environment
- Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression